OVER $19,000,000 RETURNED TO ECEC MEMBERS SINCE 1938
THIS IS YOUR COOPERATIVE
YOUR ENERGY BILL MAY BE EARNING YOU MONEY
As you pay your monthly electric bills, Eau Claire Energy Cooperative uses the income to grow, operate and maintain a safe and reliable electrical system. Any money received over and above the cost of doing business is called margins. Your portion of the margins is then returned to you in the form of credits. In co-op utilities, the profits are returned to you, the consumer-member. In other types of utilities, the profits go to stockholders.
HOW IT WORKS
- Co-op member uses electricity provided by ECEC.
- ECEC tracks member electricity use and payments.
- Year-end accounting and audit are completed. Financial obligations of the cooperative are met.
- Board approves the portion of the margins to be distributed to members as credits.
- Checks are mailed to qualifying members.