COMBINE TWO HEATING SYSTEMS
HEAT YOUR HOME EFFICIENTLY DURING PEAK DEMAND TIMES
Want to get started?
- Your home or business with an electric heating system is "backed up" by a fossil fuel system or electric thermal storage system
- The back-up heat system must be capable of heating the home or business during control periods
- Loads are not controlled on a daily basis. Loads will be controlled as needed during periods of high energy demand or high energy prices.
- Electric water heaters and air conditioning can also be connected to the Dual Fuel program
- No uncontrolled electric heat is allowed – including plug-in space heaters
Use these guides to help you compare your energy options.
The COP is how efficiencies of heat pump systems are rated. It relates to the number of energy units produced for each unit used. For instance if a geothermal heat pump has a COP of 3.5, for every $1.00 of energy used to run it, it will produce $3.50 worth of heat energy in return.